Tomorrow will be a big day for Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform. A special VIP Preview event scheduled for May 24th to demo the various new features of the Mango update, may now reveal a whole slew of new smartphones as well. An anonymous source from WMPoweruser tipped that Microsoft will be unveiling nine new Windows Phone devices during the event.
Microsoft chief, Steve Ballmer, boasted that the new update is packed with over 500 new features, but also hinted that tomorrow’s event would reveal “who is going to be building Windows Phones and which carriers will be offering them.”
According to the tipster, there will be two new Windows Phone devices unveiled from HTC, two from Acer, one from Dell, and four from Samsung. The HTC Bresson, a recently rumored Windows Phone device for T-Mobile with a 16-megapixel camera may make an appearance. One of the Samsung Windows Phones may be similar to the Galaxy S II, which will bring the much desired Super AMOLED Plus display to the Windows Phone market. Dell may bring the Wrigley and Venue Pro as we’ve first seen in their roadmap leak back in February.
We will be covering the event live tomorrow, so definitely stay tuned here on SlashGear to see if all these rumors pan out.
Relevant Entries on SlashGear.com
- Windows Marketplace tips up a day early
- Ballmer claims over 500 new features in Mango update for Windows Phone
- Will Microsoft Zune Be Announce Tomorrow?
- Sprint confirms Windows Phone plans with HTC Arrive Xbox tease
- Microsoft projects Windows Mobile sales at 20 million for 2008
- Microsoft Kinect Could Connect with Windows Phone 7 Some Day
- Microsoft pulls Omnia 7 Windows Phone update over “technical issue”
- CES 2008: Wistron NeWeb Corp. GW4 Linux Phone is Amazing and will have Android soon
Microsoft May Unveil Nine New Windows Phones Tomorrow is written by Rue Liu & originally posted on SlashGear.
© 2005 - 2011, SlashGear. All right reserved.